Q: Where are you located?
A: We're in Nashville! Specifically, in Green Hills, right next to the Green Hills Post Office!
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A: 24-Hour Cancellation/No-Show Policy
• Because your service is reserved for you, we require notice received at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment for any cancellations.
• Cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to scheduled appointment time are subject to a late cancel fee. Late cancel fee is 50% of the appointment price. Your card on file will be charged.
• No-shows are financially responsible for 100% payment for the scheduled appointment price. Your card on file will be charged.
We understand that life happens, so we ask that you please let us know as soon as possible if you need to make any appointment changes to avoid charges. As a small service-based studio, thank you kindly.
Q: What should I do if I'm running late?
A: Late Arrival Policy
• Please notify the studio immediately if you are running late!
• All appointments have a specific time schedule, therefore if you are late, your massage may be abbreviated.
• In special cases, and when the day’s schedule will allow, your therapist may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. Such adjustments will be made in the therapist’s sole and exclusive discretion.
• You are financially responsible for the full payment for your appointment scheduled.
To ensure you receive the full benefits of your scheduled massage, please arrive at least 5 minutes early - this will allow for a relaxed and unhurried experience and make sure your massage starts on time.
Q: I'm not sure who to book with, how do I decide?
A: Check out our therapists here - Meet our team, explore our options offered, and book a massage individually right for you. If you would like a referral and/or have questions, contact the studio - we're always happy to help pair you with a therapist that is best to fit your needs!
Q: What should I expect?
A: If you've never had a massage or have not visited our studio before, we would love to ease your mind and let you know what to expect!
Before: You will complete your intake form either via email or on our website so your therapist can learn a little about you. We recommend arriving a few minutes early to your appointment to get yourself settled, silence your phone, and/or use the restroom.
Your therapist will greet you and take you to your treatment room to chat about how you're feeling, assess your needs, and what the goals for your massage will be.
Your therapist will then exit the room so you may undress to your comfort level and make yourself cozy under the linens. We use table warmers and heaters/fans to regulate the temperature individually for each room so please let your therapist know if we can make you more comfortable.
During: Your therapist may check in with you during your massage to make sure the pressure is to your liking. Throughout your massage you do not have to chat if you don't want to. Relaxing music and sounds will be playing to help you easily relax your mind and body. Feel free to even fall asleep! Your therapist will move your limbs as they need to and drape the linens accordingly.
After: Your therapist will gently let you know your massage has finished and exit the room. Take your time getting up as you may feel like you just woke up. Your therapist will have water for you and will check in on how you're doing. They may suggest stretches at home, other treatment options such as an epsom salt bath, and to rebook your next massage!
Q: Should I tip my therapist?
A: Gratuities are always appreciated! Most clients do tip and a common tip is 15-30%. The preferred tip method is cash directly to the therapists, though cards tips are accepted too. Therapists always receive 100% of their gratuities and 100% appreciation to you.
Q: I'm pregnant, can I get a massage?
A: Absolutely! We offer Prenatal Massage in your second and third trimester. Make sure to book a Prenatal Massage so that your therapist can set up your massage to best accommodate your needs.
*The reason that we do not offer prenatal massage during your first trimester is to avoid causing any dizzinesses, increased blood flow and/or any other irritants for expecting mothers.
Q: Do you offer couples massage?
A: While we do not have a room large enough to accommodate two massages, most clients choose to book two massages at the same time.
Q: Do you take insurance?
A: We do not accept insurance, but as licensed healthcare professionals we do accept HSA/FSA cards.
Are your massage therapists licensed? What is your scope of practice? Laws on massage etc.
A: You can find all laws on massage therapy in the Tennessee Code Title under 63 Professions of The Healing Arts, Chapter 18 Massage Licensure Act of 1995.
(3) “Massage/bodywork/somatic” means the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body with the intention of positively affecting the health and well being of the client
(4) “Massage establishment” means a place of business held out to the public wherein massage is practiced
(5) “Massage therapist” means a person who practices massage for compensation and is licensed by the board
• 63-18-104: License required.
(a) Persons or massage establishments engaged in massage for compensation shall be licensed by the massage licensure board.
Professional Boundaries Policy
• Any Inappropriate speech and/or behavior will result in the immediate termination of the massage. Inappropriate speech and/or behavior will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures.
• Inappropriate speech and/or behavior means unprofessional personal conversation, and/or informal comments as well as conduct that is unwarranted and is reasonably interpreted to be demeaning, offensive, and/or unprofessional,
• If a massage is terminated for inappropriate speech and/or behavior, you are financially responsible for the full payment for your appointment scheduled.
• For the protection of our therapists and clients, we reserve the right to end a massage at any time and to deny a client’s request to visit a specific therapist.
• No client is entitled to a refund except as expressly provided herein.
• No refund request will be granted to any client who refuses to agree to, and sign, a Refund Agreement between the client and Simply Therapeutic Massage.
• The Refund Agreement is a legally binding contract.
• The Refund Agreement must be accepted and signed, without modification, as delivered to the client upon client’s request for a refund.
• Simply Therapeutic Massage will make no exceptions to this Refund Policy.
• Notwithstanding the foregoing, the client has the right to have the Refund Agreement reviewed by their attorney for the purpose of explaining to the client the impact the Refund Agreement may have on their legal rights.
• The client and Simply Therapeutic Massage agree that the client’s right to have the Refund Agreement will be reasonably limited to a period of five (5) business days following delivery to client of the Refund Agreement, and that, consequently, client should make arrangements with their attorney to review the Refund Agreement prior to requesting a refund. If the Refund Agreement is not executed within five (5) business days following delivery thereof to client (the “Initial Review Period”), client agrees that, for each five-business-day period thereafter (each a “Subsequent Review Period”), STM may deduct from the amount of any Refund described therein a Review Fee in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the initial amount of the Refund.
Any other questions? Contact the studio any time - we're happy to help!